Choosing and using a tradesperson

Plumbers and gasfitters

Information about when to use a licensed gasfitter, how to find one and what you can expect as a consumer.

Electricity tradespeople

Never do your own electrical work. Always engage a registered electrical contractor for any type of electrical work.

You can, and should, ask to see an electrical tradesperson's licence. After your work has been completed, you must be provided with a Certificate of Electrical Safety (COES).

Electrical inspectors and electrical contractors

Click on the links below for a list of:

More information

Contact ESV on (03) 9203 9700 or by email on