Gas information sheet 03: Fire resistant boards
3rd September 2015
FIRE RESISTANT BOARD STATEMENT
Where the means of compliance is to install fire resistant material ESV require written confirmation from the manufacturer stating:
“The material complies with the requirements of AS/NZS 5601.1: 2013 Appendix C”.
The written confirmation must:
- Be written on the board manufacturer’s or supplier’s letterhead.
- Identify the fire resistant board’s proprietary name.
- State the fire resistant board’s thickness.
- State the load bearing or non-load bearing nature of the board.
- State the board complies to the requirements of AS/NZS 5601.1: 2013 Appendix C.
Alternative means to comply include installing gas appliances in accordance with the clearance requirements of Standard AS/NZS 5601.1: 2013, or in accordance with the appliance manufacture’s installation instructions, whichever is the greater.
Gas Installation and Appliance Safety