|COES fees to increase on 1 July 2017|
ESV has held COES fees steady since 2014-15, however, to offset our investment in the development of a new online system, which will make it quicker and easier to buy, complete and lodge COES, our COES fees will increase from 1 July 2017.
We have tried to keep this fee increase to a minimum. Refer to the table below for the new COES fees.
Please note ESV will not be raising licensing fees in the 2017-18 financial year.
Fees relating to the Electrical Safety (Installation) Regulations 2009
|Electronic Certificate of Electrical Safety form for prescribed electrical work||$28.30||$30.70|
|Paper Certificate of Electrical Safety form for prescribed electrical work||$30.80||$33.45|
|Periodic Certificate of Electrical Safety form for non-prescribed electrical work||$714.00||$775.05|
|Non-prescribed Certificate of Electrical Safety (electronic)||$6.60||$6.75*|
|Non-prescribed Certificate of Electrical Safety (paper)||$7.25||$7.40*|
* Prescribed fees are not tied to the Monetary Units Act 2004 as the fee unit is less than one unit under the Act. It is expected annual changes to this fee will occur on 1 July each year, by an amount not greater than the indexation in the Monetary Units Act.
Other fee increases – Regulation 401 exemption applications
Regulation 401 fee increase
|Regulation 401 exemption applications||$82.00||$85.20|
ESV offers a variety of flexible options for electrical tradespeople wanting to purchase COES. Prescribed and non-prescribed COES may be purchased by the following ways:
- Online: login to ESV’s Online services with your ID and password and on the left menu bar, click “Lodge Certificate” and follow the prompts
- Phone:call ESV’s Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system on 1300 360 366 and follow the prompts
- Mail: send a completed COES order form with credit card details, cheque or a Money Order
- In person: bring your completed COES order form to Level 5, Building 2, 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank
- Agent: Visit an ESV-approved agent. Agents are listed below.
After purchase, individual certificate numbers are recorded against your registration or licence number and cannot be transferred to another person.
eCOES (electronic Certificate of Electrical Safety)
ESV’s Online services enables electricity professionals to purchase and lodge COES electronically. Select a link below to find out more.
- E-COES Brochure (pdf)
- REC training video (Flash required)
- LEI training video (Flash required)
- Inspection Company Training Video (Flash required)
Note: to view training videos Adobe Flash Player must be installed.
- Lawrence & Hanson/Auslec
- Middendorp Electric Co
- TechSafe Australia (EAA)
- Electrical Inspections Victoria Pty Ltd
- Active Electrical
- Go Electric
- Ideal Electrical Supplies
- CNW Pty Ltd
- Titan Trading
- Lecky’s Electrical Wholesale
- Areial Industries
Contact our COES team
For general advice and information about COES or how to purchase COES, contact our COES team on 03 9203 9700 – select option 3 or email us directly at email@example.com.
For COES lodgement call the interactive voice response (IVR) line 1300 360 366 and follow the prompts.