Energy Safe Victoria

Let's help you see the right content.

Please make a selection

We are using cookies.

Energy Safe Victoria uses cookies to help give you the best possible user experience. By continuing to browse this site you give consent for cookies to be used.


Replace a licence card

If your licence card has been lost or stolen, ESV will issue a free replacement.

Identity theft is a serious offence

If your card was stolen, you must report the circumstances to the police, as it could be used to steal your identity and cause injury to your professional reputation.

What you must do for a replacement card

In order to have your card replaced, complete and forward ESV a statutory declaration.

A statutory declaration is a written statement that a person signs and declares to be true and correct before an authorised witness.

By signing it, you agree that the information in it is true, and you can be charged with perjury if the information is false.

More information about statutory declarations in Victoria can be found at Vic Justice, including who can be an authorised witness.

The declaration must clearly state your current address details and the licence number on the card to be reissued.

Once this is completed, forward it to ESV at:

  • Fax 03 9686 2197
  • or mail
    • Energy Safe Victoria
      Licensing and registration team
      Energy Safe Victoria
      PO Box 262

Contact our Licensing team

If you need assistance with ESV’s online forms or have a query about replacing a lost or stolen licence card, contact our Licensing and Registration team directly on 1800 815 721 or send an email to