Electrical technical guidelines and determinations
Below are links to various electrical technical information for electrical professionals.
- Builder’s construction supplies (builder’s temporary supply poles) requirements
- Builder’s construction supplies (temporary in permanent position) requirements
- Emergency and exit lighting
Electricity supply and suppliers
- Changes to AS/NZ 3003 – Electrical installations in patient areas
- AS/NZ 3003 – Electrical installations in patient areas Questions and Answers
- Guidelines for electricity supply to lifts
- Installation guidelines for lifts without motor-rooms
- Lift work on construction projects – A handbook for workplaces (a WorkSafe publication)
Small scale generation
- AS/NZS 3000:2007 Wiring Rules – Amendment 2 summary
- Requirements for the effective supervision of apprentice electricians
- Sample electrician’s installation defect letter
- Multiple electrical installation certificate requirements
Forms and other documents
- Application for exemption – Regulation 401
- Private overhead electric lines (POELs) emergency restoration form
- Guidelines for electrical installations and equipment at public events
- Victorian Electricity Supply Industry Code of Practice – Low voltage service fuse removal and reinsertion by licensed electricians and L & G class inspectors
If you have any queries about any of the attached documents or electrical technical information and requirements, please contact ESV on 03 9203 9700 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, contact our Electrical technical assistance line on (03) 9203 9700 and selecting option 2 from the menu system or emailing your query to ElectricalInstallationEnquiries@energysafe.vic.gov.au.