Electrical technical guidelines and determinations
Below are links to various electrical technical information for electrical professionals.
- Determination – M Class LEIs – Installation of dental chairs in patient areas
- FAQs for D licence holders in relation to COES
- Who can work on large-scale solar?
- Application date – AS/NZS3000 Wiring Rules
- Application date – AS/NZS3003:2018 Electrical installations – Patient areas
- Application date – AS/NZS3010:2017 Electrical Installations – Generating Sets
Electricity supply and suppliers
- Management of electrical equipment in hazardous areas at major hazard facilities (WorkSafe Victoria)
- Hazardous area classifications of gas installations
- Guidelines for electricity supply to lifts
- Installation guidelines for lifts without motor-rooms
- Lift work on construction projects – A handbook for workplaces (a WorkSafe publication)
Small scale generation
- Requirements for the effective supervision of apprentice electricians
- Multiple electrical installation certificate requirements
- Registered electrical contractor’s (REC) responsibilities
- Licensed electrician’s (A Class) responsibilities
- Licensed electrical inspector’s (LEI) responsibilities
- Supervised worker’s responsibilities
Forms and other documents
- Application for exemption – Regulation 401
- Private overhead electric lines (POELs) emergency restoration form
- Sample electrician’s installation defect letter
- Guidelines for electrical installations and equipment at public events
- Victorian Electricity Supply Industry Code of Practice – Low voltage service fuse removal and reinsertion by licensed electricians and L & G class inspectors
If you have any queries about any of the attached documents or electrical technical information and requirements, please contact ESV on 03 9203 9700 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, contact our Electrical technical assistance line on (03) 9203 9700 and selecting option 2 from the menu system or emailing your query to ElectricalInstallationEnquiries@energysafe.vic.gov.au.