Underground assets – No Go Zones
There are a number of different types of assets installed underground in Victoria. These include:
- All electricity cables up to and including 66kV
- All electricity cables greater than 66kV
- Telecommunications Cables
- Assets listed under the Pipelines Act
- All Gas pipelines other than those listed above
- Water, drainage and sewerage pipelines
A person must not penetrate deeper than 300 millimetres on any land where underground assets are located unless the person has inspected any relevant records.
Relevant records are held by the asset owner or via the Dial Before You Dig Service. The Dial Before You Dig service is a free service and can be reached via the link https://www.1100.com.au/ or by calling 1100.
Underground assets guide
For more information on working near underground assets, read the Worksafe Guide for undertaking work near underground assets.