Schedules 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Following are excerpts taken directly from the Gas Safety (Gas Installation) Regulations 2008 which detail the information to be provided when making an application for acceptance of a complex gas installation or Type B appliance to ESV.
INFORMATION TO BE SUPPLIED BY PERSONS SEEKING ACCEPTANCE OF A GAS INSTALLATION
- Details of person seeking acceptance of the gas installation—
- Full name:
- Phone number:
- Registration number:
- Email address:
- Facsimile number:
- Address of gas installation.
- Consumer’s name and site contact name.
- Type of work.
- Type of gas.
- Summary of work.
- Commencement and completion dates for work.
- Details of:
- the gas rate (only if the rate is to exceed 3.8 GJ/h);
- whether or not the building exceeds 10 storeys above ground level.
the operating pressure (only if the operating pressure is to exceed 200kPa);
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO BE SUPPLIED BY PERSONS SEEKING ACCEPTANCE OF CERTAIN GAS INSTALLATIONS
- Details of the gas installation, including drawings of:
- the general arrangements of the consumer piping;
- the location of valves, pressure control regulators and other controls or devices installed within the piping;
- the location of any gas meter (but not the gas company’s meter);
- piping designed to safely discharge gas from safety or control devices; and
- any associated electrical circuit diagrams.
- Details of design, calculations, test and commissioning procedures including:
- calculations of pressure loss;
- testing for gas tightness;
- purging associated with commissioning or decommissioning piping; and
- commissioning pressure control and other pipeline devices.
- Details of all control or other devices installed within the piping, including:
- manufacturer’s data sheets; and
- proposed settings of all adjustable devices.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO BE SUPPLIED FOR A TYPE B APPLIANCE
- Appliance details
- Manufacturer’s name.
- Model identification.
- Nominal gas consumption (MJ/h).
- Gas type.
- Maximum and minimum gas supply pressures.
- Purge times.
- Gas pressure at burner head for the nominal gas consumption.
- Combustion chamber volume.
- Purge volume, being the total volume swept from the entry of the purge medium to the point of emission including interconnecting ductwork.
- Serial number.
- Date of manufacture.
- Description of the appliance function and any associated industrial process with which the appliance is integrated together with a drawing indicating the general arrangement.
- Valve train schematic diagram
- All components (including brand and model) and component acceptance numbers.
- Rated working pressure of all components.
- Proposed settings of all adjustable devices.
- Nominal gas consumption.
- Supply pressure at appliance and burner pressure.
- Electrical circuit diagram
- Safety and control circuits.
- Details of all major components (including brand and model).
- Method of operation of all major components.
- Process and instrumentation diagram clearly indicating the relationship between the safety and control functions of the appliance/process.
- Purge time calculation
- Safe start gas rate
- Explosion relief area and dilution air flow rate (where relevant)
- Details of flueing.
- Details of ventilation.
- Commissioning procedures and operating instructions.
- In the case of a Type B appliance with a nominal gas consumption of more than 1000 megajoules per hour, the gross thermal efficiency over its designed operating range and a statement comparing the appliance’s efficiency with the best available performance in its class.
Details regarding the appliance, including where relevant:
A schematic diagram clearly indicating:
A circuit diagram in ladder-logic format clearly indicating:
Calculation of the time required to purge the appliance in accordance with AS 3814.
Where required by AS 3814, calculation of the safe start gas rate or the critical time for ignition or critical energy.
If the appliance process involves solvents or dusts and where required by AS 3814, provide details of, and calculations for, explosion relief area and dilution air flow rates.
STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE IN RELATION TO A GAS INSTALLATION
I certify that this gas installation will meet the requirements of the Gas Safety Act 1997 and the Gas Safety (Gas Installation) Regulations 2008.
STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE IN RELATION TO COMPLETION OF GAS INSTALLATION
(Regulations 31(6) and 33(3))
I certify that this gas installation meets the requirements of the Gas Safety Act 1997 and that the required tests have been carried out and it will be safe for gas to be made available to the consumer.