Gas installation and Conditions of Acceptance forms
Complex gas installations and Type B Appliance application form
ESV accepts applications for acceptance for all complex gas installations and Type B gas appliances (previously known as an ESV Start Work and Compliance Notice) from licensed gas professionals. If not lodging an application through GasTrac, the following forms must be used.
The application for acceptance forms attached below must be printed and completed by hand. The forms may be also downloaded and saved to a computer.
Email your completed and scanned application form to email@example.com or fax your application to 03 9271 5454.
Conditions of Acceptance forms (COA)
Below are our hardcopy Conditions of Acceptance forms to be used for new complex gas installation applications if you are not lodging an application or exemption through GasTrac.
There are two versions of each form – colour and black and white. Use the version most suited to your home/office printing capabilities.
- Type A Appliance Certification Details – colour/black and white
- Type B Appliance Commissioning Check Sheet – colour/black and white
- Consumer Piping Test Report – colour/black and white
- Protection of Combustible Surfaces – colour/black and white
- Sample Conditions of Acceptance letter
Email your completed and scanned forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your application to 03 9271 5454.
Lodge online with GasTrac
ESV has launched GasTrac, our new online gas installation acceptance system that makes managing gas applications quicker and easier.
A staged rollout is currently underway and all licensed gas practitioners will soon be able to use GasTrac to submit and manage gas applications online, ensuring faster turnaround times for Gas Supply Approvals and Gas Installation Acceptances.
To lodge your application or check the status of active applications in GasTrac, click here.
Terms and conditions – complex gas installations and Type B Appliance form
Section 31 Gas Safety (Gas Installations) Regulations 2008
By submitting an application for acceptance of a complex gas installation or Type B gas appliance to ESV, it is deemed that the applicant has read and accepted all terms and conditions in relation to the application and acceptance process. Applicants must note the following:
- It is an offence to provide false or misleading information to ESV under section 117 of the Gas Safety Act 1997.
- Only applications on the correct application form will be accepted.
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- Provision of ESV’s Gas Supply Approval number to the relevant distribution business, and providing the applicant with this ESV approval number will be at the discretion of ESV.
- The provision of the ESV approval number will be dependent on the risk category determined by ESV of the complex gas installation and may be subject to some constraints.
- Where ESV subjects a complex gas installation to an audit or inspection, the licensed person must attend the inspection or audit.
- ESV will notify the applicant in writing of the conditions to be applied to the application.
If you have any queries in relation to complex gas installation applications, please contact our Gas Technical Helpline directly on 1800 652 563 or at email@example.com.