The Department of Treasury and Finance sets the base fee unit each financial year for Energy Safe Victoria’s electrical licensing and Certificate of Electrical Safety (COES) fees.
The Electricity Safety (General) Regulations came into force in December 2019 and set the level of fees for each COES.
Certificate of Electrical Safety fees changes for FY2022/2023
Energy Safe Victoria has advised of the increase to Certificates of Electrical Safety purchase fees from 1 July 2022.
In FY 22, Energy Safe Victoria capped the increase on any fees payable at 1.5% as part of the Government’s response to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Fees relating to the Electrical Safety (General) Regulations 2019
|Type||2021-22 fees||2022-23 fees|
|Fee Unit|| |
|Certificate of Electrical Safety form for prescribed electrical work||$32.27||$33.64|
|Certificate of Electrical Safety form for non-prescribed electrical work|| |
|Paper Certificate of Electrical Safety form for prescribed electrical work|| |
|Paper Certificate of Electrical Safety form for non-prescribed electrical work|| |
|Periodic Certificate of Electrical Safety form for non-prescribed electrical work|| |
(1) Non-prescribed Certificate of Electrical Safety fees are not tied to the Monetary Units Act 2004 as the fee is less than one fee unit under the Act. They are set in the Regulations.
The purchase of Certificate of Electrical Safety from Energy Safe Victoria does not attract GST.
Purchasing Certificates of Electrical Safety
Only registered licence holders can purchase certificates. Unregistered and unlicensed persons cannot buy or lodge certificates with Energy Safe Victoria.
Electronic Certificates of Electrical Safety
- Prescribed and non-prescribed electronic certificates can only be purchased through ESVConnect.
- Periodic certificates are currently not available electronically on ESVConnect
Paper Certificates of Electrical Safety
- Prescribed and non prescribed paper Certificates of Electrical Safety are purchased through Energy Safe Victoria authorised agents i.e. authorised electrical wholesalers. Refer to the list below.
- Periodic Certificates of Electrical Safety – can only be purchased from Energy Safe Victoria.
Download the COES order form:
Send your completed form
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post (including cheque if this is the chosen payment method) to:
Energy Safe Victoria
ATT. Accounts Receivable
PO Box 262
Collins Street West VIC 8007
Paper Certificates of Electrical Safety may be purchased from the following Energy Safe Victoria authorised COES agents i.e. authorised electrical wholesalers.
- Active Electrical
- Aerial Industries
- CNW Pty Ltd
- Delta Electrical Distributors
- Electrical Inspections Victoria Pty Ltd
- Lawrence & Hanson/Auslec
- Lecky’s Electrical Wholesale
- Middendorp Electric Co
- Titan Trading.
Lodging paper COES
To lodge paper COES via the interactive voice response (IVR) system, call 1300 360 366 and follow the prompts.
Date: 30/03/2023 13:10
The currency and accuracy of this document cannot be guaranteed once printed or saved to a storage device. If in doubt, please check the ESV website for the current version.
Reviewed 06 February 2023