These resources include
- installation advice and requirements (for electricians and others involved in installations)
- news about requirements
- links to relevant industry bodies.
- Ensuring a compliant PV installation – industry guidance:
- Identifying mismatched d.c. connectors in PV installations:
- Safely installing photovoltaic (PV) systems:
- Solar installations (PV) alterations requirements:
- Grid connected inverter requirements from 18 December 2021:
The Installation and inspection of grid-connected PV systems April 2015 (no battery storage) document has been superseded by Australian Standard AS/NZS 5033:2021 Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) array and AS/NZS 4777.1:2016 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters Installation requirement.
Guidance news items
- 17 December 2021: Grid connected inverters - certification to AS NZS 4777.2 2020
- 24 November 2021: Revised industry standard – ASNZS 5033 2021
- 25 October 2021: Poor documentation causing solar safety risk
- 15 September 2021: LEI solar inspection pilot program
- 26 November 2020: Solar inspectors – Understanding the PV audit checklist
- 21 October 2020: Solar inspectors – d.c. connector guidance
Solar industry links
- (Electrical Regulatory Authorities Council) provides various resources and publications about electrical products, installations and solar / small scale generation.
- is responsible for the delivery of the Victorian Government’s Solar Homes Program and provides information for industry and the general public about this and other solar programs.
- provide guidance and assistance to ensure all employers and employees have a safe work place in the electrical and solar industry.
Date: 09/12/2023 17:05
The currency and accuracy of this document cannot be guaranteed once printed or saved to a storage device. If in doubt, please check the ESV website for the current version.
Reviewed 13 July 2023