When submitting a complex gas application for 'ESV acceptance', Energy Safe Victoria will assess your application and set Condition of Acceptance (COA). Part of these conditions may require you to submit additional information. In most cases this information can be submitted directly into GasTrac (Energy Safe's gas application portal) or the forms will be made available on the portal against your gas application.
- Type A Appliance Certification Details
- Type B Appliance Commissioning Check Sheet
- Second hand appliance checklist
- Consumer Piping Test Report
- Protection of Combustible Surfaces
- Commercial Kitchen Installation Checklist:
- Sample Conditions of Acceptance letter:
- Mobile Catering Vehicle Checklist:
Terms and conditions
Gas Safety (Gas Installations) Regulations 2018, Regulation 26
By submitting an application for acceptance of a complex gas installation or Type B gas appliance to Energy Safe, it is deemed that the applicant has read and accepted all terms and conditions in relation to the application and acceptance process.
Applicants must note the following:
- It is an offence to provide false or misleading information to Energy Safe under section 117 of the .
- Applications will only be accepted via .
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant asking for complete and accurate details.
- Provision of Energy Safe’s Gas Supply Approval number to the relevant gas distribution business, and providing the applicant with this Energy Safe approval number will be at the discretion of Energy Safe.
- The provision of the Energy Safe approval number will be dependent on the risk category determined by Energy Safe of the complex gas installation and may be subject to some constraints.
- Where Energy Safe subjects a complex gas installation to an audit or inspection, the licensed person or an appropriately qualified representative must attend the inspection or audit.
- Energy Safe will notify the applicant via GasTrac of the conditions of acceptance (COA) to be applied to the application.
Date: 29/02/2024 3:13
The currency and accuracy of this document cannot be guaranteed once printed or saved to a storage device. If in doubt, please check the ESV website for the current version.
Reviewed 04 September 2023