Following feedback from stakeholders in the heating LP Gas supply industry, ESV has developed a policy to clarify the boundaries of its regulatory authority relating to the supply of heating LP Gas in Victoria.
- LP Gas Supply Industry Policy – an updated policy file is coming soon!
- clarifies the regulatory jurisdiction of the in respect to the heating LP Gas industry;
- defines the boundaries of ESV’s jurisdiction with the dangerous goods regime administered by WorkSafe Victoria and the plumbing regulations administered by the Victorian Building Authority;
- describes the basis for the declaration of some entities as “gas companies for the purposes of the Gas Safety Act 1997” that require ESV regulatory oversight; and
- explains the direction of ESV’s resources and regulatory attention within the heating LP Gas supply industry, without impinging on the direction of other regulators
The policy will be of most interest to LP Gas Retailers/Suppliers who supply heating LP Gas to the end users.
Date: 01/02/2023 11:33
The material in this print-out was accurate at the time of printing.
Reviewed 29 January 2023