Following feedback from stakeholders in the heating LP gas supply industry, Energy Safe Victoria has developed a policy to clarify the boundaries of its regulatory authority relating to the supply of heating LP gas in Victoria.
- LP Gas Supply Industry Policy – an updated policy document is coming soon!
The policy will:
- clarify the regulatory jurisdiction of the in respect to the heating LP gas industry
- define the boundaries of ESV’s jurisdiction with the dangerous goods regime administered by WorkSafe Victoria and the plumbing regulations administered by the Victorian Building Authority
- describe the basis for the declaration of some entities as “gas companies for the purposes of the Gas Safety Act 1997” that require ESV regulatory oversight
- explain the direction of ESV’s resources and regulatory attention within the heating LP gas supply industry, without impinging on the direction of other regulators.
The policy will be of most interest to LP gas retailers or suppliers who supply heating LP gas to end users.
Date: 29/02/2024 4:05
The material in this print-out was accurate at the time of printing.
Reviewed 10 May 2023