ESV’s COES fees increased on 1 July 2018. The Department of Treasury and Finance sets the base fee unit each financial year for ESV’s electrical licensing and COES fees.
F19 fees are in the tables below.
Fees relating to the Electrical Safety (Installation) Regulations 2009
|Electronic Certificate of Electrical Safety form for prescribed electrical work||$31.79|
|Paper Certificate of Electrical Safety form for prescribed electrical work||$34.68|
|Periodic Certificate of Electrical Safety form for non-prescribed electrical work||$803.42|
|Non-prescribed Certificate of Electrical Safety (electronic)||$6.75*|
|Non-prescribed Certificate of Electrical Safety (paper)||$7.40*|
* Prescribed fees are not tied to the Monetary Units Act 2004 as the fee is less than one fee unit under the Act.
For information on exemptions, click this link: Regulation 401 exemption applications
Regulation 401 fee
|Regulation 401 exemption applications||$86.56|
Persons holding a Restricted Electrical Worker’s licence (REL), previously known as a ‘D’ licence, may only purchase and issue non-prescribed COES.
ESV offers a variety of flexible options for electrical tradespeople wanting to purchase COES. Prescribed and non-prescribed COES may be purchased by the following ways:
- Online: login to ESV’s Online services with your ID and password and on the left menu bar, click ‘Certificate Orders’ and follow the prompts
- Mail: send a completed COES order form with credit card details, cheque or a Money Order
- In person: bring your completed COES order form to Level 5, 4 Riverside Quay, Southbank
- Agent: Visit an ESV-approved agent. Agents are listed below.
After purchase, individual certificate numbers are recorded against your registration or licence number and cannot be transferred to another person.
Please note that as of 1 August 2018, paper COES can no longer be purchased through the IVR system.
eCOES (electronic Certificate of Electrical Safety)
ESV’s Online services enables electricity professionals to purchase and lodge COES electronically. Select a link below to find out more.
- E-COES Brochure (PDF)
- REC training video (Flash required)
- LEI training video (Flash required)
- Inspection Company Training Video (Flash required)
Note: to view training videos Adobe Flash Player must be installed.
- Active Electrical
- Areial Industries
- CNW Pty Ltd
- Electrical Inspections Victoria Pty Ltd
- Go Electric
- Lawrence & Hanson/Auslec
- Lecky’s Electrical Wholesale
- Middendorp Electric Co
- Titan Trading
Contact our COES team
For general advice and information about COES or how to purchase COES, contact our COES team on 03 9203 9700 – select option 3 or email us directly at email@example.com.
For COES lodgement call the interactive voice response (IVR) line 1300 360 366 and follow the prompts.