Energy Safe Victoria

Let's help you see the right content.

Please make a selection

We are using cookies.

Energy Safe Victoria uses cookies to help give you the best possible user experience. By continuing to browse this site you give consent for cookies to be used.


Replace a licence card

If your licence card has been lost or stolen, ESV will issue a free replacement.

Identity theft is a serious offence. If your card was stolen, you must report the circumstances to the police, as it could be used to steal your identity and cause injury to your professional reputation.

Steps to replacement

In order to have your card replaced, complete and forward ESV a statutory declaration.

A statutory declaration is a written statement that a person signs and declares to be true and correct before an authorised witness.

By signing it, you agree that the information in it is true, and you can be charged with perjury if the information is false.

More information about statutory declarations in Victoria can be found at Vic Justice, including who can be an authorised witness.

The declaration must clearly state your current address details and the licence number on the card to be reissued.

Once this is completed, forward it to ESV at:

Energy Safe Victoria
Licensing and registration team
Energy Safe Victoria
PO Box 262

Contact us

If you need assistance with online forms or have a query about licensing, contact our Licensing team on 1800 815 721. Please note contact hours below.

Monday, Thursday, Friday — 9:00am to 4:00pm
Tuesday — 12:30pm to 4:00pm
Wednesday — 9:00am to 12:30pm

Alternatively, you can send your enquiry to