Licensing and ESVConnect
New licensing and registration regulations
On 1 January 2021 the Electricity Safety (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2020 came into force, replacing the 2010 Regulations, which were revoked on 31 December 2020.
ESV has produced a document summarising the key changes in the new Electricity Safety (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2020, and recommends that all electrical workers familiarise themselves with the updated regulations.
ESVConnect is the primary system for online regulation of the electrical industry in Victoria – for licensing, REC registration, COES and registration of cathodic protection systems.
Your email address will be your unique identifier, allowing you to lodge and track your applications and maintain existing licences.
This animated video broadly describes how ESVConnect works.Introducing ESV Connect
Note: ESVConnect works best in Chrome, Edge or Firefox browsers. Do not use Internet Explorer.
How to register for ESVConnect
If you have previously held a Victorian electrical licence or registration, and have not already done so, you will need to upgrade to ESVConnect. You only need to complete this process once.
If you have an electrical licence that is currently active but you have not yet upgraded to the ESVConnect platform, you may have received an invitation to upgrade to this platform.
Steps to follow
If you have an electrical licence that is currently active but you have not yet upgraded to the ESVConnect platform, please select the Forgot Password option and enter your email address.
If you see the following error:
please cancel this step and choose the ‘Register for ESVConnect’ option.
To complete the form:
- Enter a valid email address to use as your ESVConnect Login ID.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Select a password that follows to Energy Safe's security guidelines.
- Confirm the password.
- Agree to the Conditions of Use and Privacy Notice
- Complete the CAPTCHA.
- Select Register. This will take you back to the ESVConnect login page.
- Enter the ESVConnect email Login ID and password you just registered. Click Log in. A verification code will be sent to the email address you nominated.
- Enter the verification code. Select Verify my account. An active profile is created and a welcome email will be sent to the nominated ESVConnect email address.
- Enter your residential and postal addresses, and mobile phone number.
- At the profile screen you can view licences, registrations and associations.
Click on Welcome to ESVConnect video or Take a tour for further information.
If you want to register for ESVConnect and you have not held a licence or registration with Energy Safe Victoria previously, please choose the ‘Register for ESVConnect’ option and follow the prompts (same process as listed above).
Keep in touch
Date: 29/02/2024 3:16
The currency and accuracy of this document cannot be guaranteed once printed or saved to a storage device. If in doubt, please check the ESV website for the current version.
Reviewed 07 September 2023