Energy Safe Victoria logo

Gasfitter licences

Information about gasfitter licensing and registration through the Victorian Building Authority.


The Victorian Building AuthorityExternal Link (VBA) is responsible for registering, licensing and disciplining plumbers and gasfitters in Victoria.

For information about becoming a registered or licensed plumber or gasfitter and the relationship between ESV and the VBA, follow the links below.

Contact details

For all enquiries relating to the VBA, call 1300 815 127 or visit the VBA.

Date: 27/09/2023 11:33

Controlled document

The currency and accuracy of this document cannot be guaranteed once printed or saved to a storage device. If in doubt, please check the ESV website for the current version.

Reviewed 28 January 2023

Monday, Thursday, Friday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am to 12:30 pm

Contact form

Was this page helpful?