Distribution overhead powerlines
Distribution overhead powerlines range in voltage from 240V up to 66,000V (66kV).
Distribution overhead lines include electrical overhead lines for traction assets such as trains and trams.
No Go Zones for power poles
- Work outside 6.4m from overhead power lines no specific requirements are established other than those described in established regulation, primarily the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007.
- Work between 3.0m and 6.4m from an overhead power line, a registered spotter is required. This is known as the Spotter Zone.
- Work within 3.0m from an overhead power line, permission from the relevant network operator is required and additional preventative measures will need to be taken.
ESV produces stickers (pictured below) outlining the exclusions listed above. These are available via our Merchandise page.
Read more on exclusions and clearances via links below.
- WorkSafe‘s Guidebook – Using powered mobile plant near overhead assets.
- Building design near overhead powerlines.
Order safety stickers and brochures around No Go Zones via our Merchandise page.
If you have questions about No Go Zones or working around powerlines, contact our Safety Outcomes Assurance team on (03) 9203 9700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.