Online services new web address
Please be advised that we've updated the web address for our online services portal. When you click on the link above, you will notice a redirect to the new address - http://e-services.esv.vic.gov.au. If you have the old address saved in your Favourites, please update the bookmark and replace it with this address. You will then be taken directly to the page.
ACCC issues special bulletin in relation to Infinity cables
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued a special bulletin warning builders and electricians that time is running out to remediate dangerous Infinity cables or face possible penalties and fines.
Click HERE to read it.
More "Hoverboard" recalls in the past week
Energy Safe Victoria is urging Victorians with electric self-balancing scooters or “hoverboards” to check if their product has been recalled after a faulty hoverboard caused a housefire.
Check below to see if your hoverboard has been recalled.
- Austwide Consumer Products - Two Wheel Self Balance Drift Board ("Hoverboard"), sold nationally on http://austwideconsumerproducts.com.au/ from 1 Dec 2015 to 24 Dec 2015
- Glideboard - Balance Wheel Electric Scooter ("Hoverboard"), sold in Queensland by Epic Toys Cleveland and Ed's PCs Redlands Stores from 1 Dec 2015 to 31 Jan 2016
- Awesomewheels Pty Ltd - SEGGi Self-Balancing 2 Wheel Electric Scooter ("Hoverboard"), sold nationally on www.selfbalancingscooters.com.au from 1 Sep 2015 to 29 Jan 2016
- Crazy Technology Pty Ltd - Smart Electric Self-Balancing Scooter / Hoverboard (Charger only), sold nationally on eBay from 2 Nov 2015 to 3 Dec 2015
- Ohmama - "Swegway" Hoverboard, sold nationally through Ohmama eBay store and Gumtree from 20 Dec 2015 to 10 Jan 2016
- Smart Wheels Australia Pty Ltd - "Neo" Hoverboard (Charger and Appliance Connector Only), sold in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia by Jed Group of Companies, supplied by Smart Wheels Australia Pty Ltd from 21 Dec 2015 to 13 Jan 2016
- TCB Contracting Pty Limited - Balancing Scooter 'Hoverboard', sold nationally on www.gumtree.com.au in December 2015
- Freego Australasia Pty Ltd - Freego Hoverboard W1, W2 and W2SR (Charger Only), sold nationally by F1 Agencies, Sports Power, Toy Land and Just Sport
- Smart Scooter ANZ - Smart Scooter 'Hoverboard' (charger only), sold online at http://smartscooteranz.com.au from December 3 to 20
- Jyro Pty Ltd - Jyro Self-Balancing 2 Wheel "Hoverboard" Electric Scooter, sold online at http://myjyro.com/ from 1 November to 4 December
- Mod Products - Mod Board "Hoverboard" Model MOD001 (charger only), sold nationally through www.modboard.com.au from 6 November to 15 December
- Moonwalker two-wheel scooter by Hunter Sports, which was sold at Big W from December 5 to 11
- Sello Products self-balancing two-wheel electric scooter, sold on Ebay from December 4 to 15
- AirWalk Self-Balancing Scooter sold online via Catchoftheday.com.au from 13 November to 16 December
- Go Skitz Self Balancing E Boards models S01 and S03 (charger only) sold from 26 November to 29 December via goeasyaustralia.com.au, goeasyonline.com.au, kogan.com.au, Toyworld, Harvey Norman Big Buys and Anaconda stores
- Techwheel Z-01 (charger only), which was sold online through groupon.com.au, theactive.com.au, brandsexclusive.com.au, ozsale.com.au, techwheel.com.au.
- Scooter Emporium - Self Balancing Scooter "Hoverboard" with Charger, sold in Queensland at Scooter Emporium from December 1 to 17th December
For full details about these and other current recalls click HERE.
EOI for bushfire mitigation auditing
ESV requires a suitably qualified and experienced organisation for the provision of Distribution Business bushfire mitigation (asset condition) auditing services.
CLICK here for further information.
New COES application form
Request a copy of a Certificate Of Electrical Safety (COES) with ESV's new application form.
Read about COES HERE.
Review of No Go Zone framework
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) in partnership with Worksafe Victoria and other relevant stakeholders has undertaken a review of the Framework For Undertaking Work Near Overhead And Underground Assets (No Go Zones). The purpose of the review was to simplify and provide clarity regarding the framework for the construction industry and general public. Click here to find out more and download a response form.
Information Sheet 3: Fire-resistant board
As a result of an ongoing investigation into fire resistant material, ESV has removed information sheet 3 from this website. Plumbers and gasfitters intending to use fire-resistant material to protect combustible surfaces should seek written confirmation from the manufacturer/supplier that the material meets the requirements of AS/NZS 5601.