Our leadership team
Energy Safe Victoria’s corporate structure
Chairperson and Commissioner
Monique Conheady – Chairperson
In addition to her extensive professional appointments, Monique is also a Senior Industry Fellow with RMIT Forward, RMIT University's Centre for Future Skills and Workforce Transformation and a mentor at EnergyLab, a clean energy transition start-up accelerator. Monique was a co-founder of Flexicar and a former executive at Hertz Australia. She is also an experienced non-executive director/chair of various government agencies and innovative start-ups. She is currently a sitting member of the Governing Board at the Environmental Protection Authority where she’s also chaired the People and Culture Committee.
Monique will be instrumental in driving forward Energy Safe’s transformation agenda, as we meet the safety challenges inherent in Victoria’s transition to renewable energy.
Michelle Groves – Deputy Chairperson and Commissioner
Prior to becoming a Commissioner of Energy Safe, Michelle Groves was the Chief Executive of the Australian Energy Regulator for close to 15 years and previously, Director of the National Competition Council.
Sarah McDowell – Commissioner
Sarah McDowell was the Energy Executive Director at the Essential Services Commission (ESC) before her appointment as an Energy Safe Commissioner. She has previously been a senior energy policy advisor to the Victorian Government.
Chief Executive Officer
As Energy Safe’s CEO, Leanne Hughson is responsible for the day-to-day running of Energy Safe. She works closely with the Commission to develop and implement the strategic vision, mission and objectives for Energy Safe, as well as to form strategic partnerships with Victorian Government agencies and other regulatory bodies.
- Energy Safe’s operations
- Implementing Energy Safe’s strategic objectives
- Supporting the Commission
- Energy Safe’s regulatory transformation.
General Manager Finance, Strategy and Risk
- Strategy and Risk and Architecture
- Data Analytics, Performance & Reporting
- Regulatory Change & Business Improvement
- Transformation and Information Services.
General Counsel and General Manager Legal, Governance and Regulatory Policy
- Regulatory Policy & Legislation
- Privacy, FOI and public interest disclosures
- Governance including Commission secretariat
- Contracts & Procurement
General Manager Customer and People Experience
Dr Roanne Allan
- Human Resources
- Strategic Communications
- Customer Engagement & Stakeholder Engagement
- Customer Hub
- Emergency Management
General Manager Regulatory Operations
- Gas Operations
- Type A Gas Appliance & Component Safety
- Gas and pipeline infrastructure safety
- Electrolysis Mitigation
- Electrical network infrastructure safety
- Line clearance assurance
- Electrical installations safety
- Electrical equipment safety and efficiency
- Electrical Licensing and training
- Certificates of Electrical Safety (COES)
Date: 02/12/2023 15:40
The material in this print-out was accurate at the time of printing.
Reviewed 13 October 2023