ESV has developed policies around the licensing of lineworkers and cable jointers, to provide transparent rationale for the issue and renewal of these licence types:
- Restricted class “C” electrical lineworker licence – for persons already licensed as a class “D” electrical lineworker:
- Supervised class “R” electrical lineworker licence – known as an R(S) licence:
Minimum clearance spaces for electric lines
From 27 June 2022, Energy Safe Victoria can issue infringement notices to persons who fail to comply with their responsibilities for ensuring trees are kept clear from electric lines as required by clause 3(1) of the Code of Practice for Electric Line Clearance.
- Compliance and enforcement of minimum clearance spaces for electric lines:
Safety case submissions
ESV has developed various guidelines to assist major electricity companies (MECs), gas companies, licensed pipeline operators and other responsible entities draft safety case submissions and comply with the requirements of the Act and relevant Regulations.
- Electricity Safety Management Scheme (ESMS) Preparation and Submission Guidelines for MECs – to assist MECs with the preparation and submission of an ESMS for electricity transmission and distribution networks:
- Incident and Safety Performance Reporting Guidelines for MECs – to provide MECs with guidance on reporting to ESV in accordance with the Act and Regulations:
- Gas Safety Case Preparation and Submission for Facilities and Pipelines Guidelines – to help gas companies and other responsible entities to understand how to develop and comply with an accepted gas safety case:
- Safety Management Plan Preparation and Submission for Pipelines – to help licensed pipeline operators and other responsible entities to understand how to develop and comply with an accepted safety management plan:
More information about lineworker licensing you can contact our Licensing team in the following ways:
Monday, Thursday, Friday — 9:00am to 4:00pm
Tuesday — 12:30pm to 4:00pm
Wednesday — 9:00am to 12:30pm
Date: 09/12/2023 21:47
The currency and accuracy of this document cannot be guaranteed once printed or saved to a storage device. If in doubt, please check the ESV website for the current version.
Reviewed 29 January 2023